CoolSpools is the complete information management solution for IBM System i (AS/400, iSeries). It converts spooled files (spool files, spoolfiles) and database files to PDF, Excel and other formats, enabling you to move away from paper-based documents and save time and money by distributing information automatically in electronic formats.
CoolSpools comprises the four product options listed below, which can be purchased individually or together.
- Converts system i spooled files
- Supports PDF, Excel, XML, HTML, text and other PC formats as output
- Supports all system i spooled file types as input, including
*SCS, *APFDS, *IPDS, *USERASCII (PCL), *LINE and *AFPDSLINE.
- Archives and saves spooled files.
- Publishes reports on your system i, Windows or UNIX server, website or intranet.
- Splits spooled files.
- Merges PDFs.
- Exports data from database files in Excel, XML, CSV, HTML and text formats.
- Saves Query and SQL output as an Excel, CSV etc.
- Distributes queries, reports and database extracts to your users and customers in
- Email from your system i
- Supports multiple attachments (SNDDST allows only one)
- Supports the entire IFS (SNDDST only supports QDLS)
- Simple command or API.
- Automatic conversion, distribution and management of spooled files
- Work with spooled files online
- Select batches of spooled files and run the same command against each (e.g. mass archive, delete etc.)